Re: MLK Papers/Library of Congress

    The Manuscript Society News provides a good brief summary of the case in the Summer 2000 issue. If you are interested and unable to access this publication I'll be happy to drop a copy of the article in the mail to you.

Derek Gray wrote:

Hello,

I am a history/library science graduate student
gathering material for my research seminar paper.
Keeping it short, my topic deals with the Library of
Congress (from lack of action of Congress) and its
failure to purchase the papers of the late Dr. Martin
Luther King, Jr.  I have done some digging on it, but
can anyone point me to any journal articles, newspaper
clippings, or any other source of information that
could provide me with more detail about it?   It would
be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Derek Gray
Graduate student
State University of New York
University at Albany

      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

begin:vcard
n:Baggett;Jim
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Birmingham Public Library
adr:;;2100 Park Place;Birmingham;Alabama;35203-2794;U.S.
version:2.1
email;internet:jbaggett@post.bham.lib.al.us
title:Head, Department of Archives and Manuscripts
tel;fax:205 226-3663
tel;work:205 226-3661
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Baggett, Jim