From: Greg LaMotta [mailto:greg.lamotta@ARCH2.NARA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 6:49 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: RAIN 10/10: Who really discovered America?

I think it is unfortunate that so many people are still talking about
Columbus "discovering" America.

>>> PAKURILECZ@AOL.COM 10/10 6:10 AM >>>
Boston Herald 10/09/00
Archivists: Scot prince came before Columbus
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/amer10092000.htm

by Franci Richardson
If the Westford Museum archivists are right, most Americans wouldn't be
honoring Christopher Columbus today for discovering this country.
Instead, we'd observe the arrival of Prince Henry Sinclair, a Scot who
allegedly landed on Prospect Hill in Westford nearly 100 years earlier than
Columbus came to America.
``I don't really know why people cannot see before Columbus, especially
since
Columbus didn't set foot on the mainland of America,'' said Elizabeth Lane,
volunteer archivist at the Westford Museum.
``They will have to rewrite the history books. There's a heck of a lot of
changes to be made.''