Re: Jazz collection for NYC repository

Susie --

The Music Dept here at Bates has a vigorous jazz program and might be
interested in the library acquiring the LP's.  I am forwarding this message
to a few people here at Bates and will be in touch with you about this
soon.  In the meantime he can contact me.  It would be nice to keep some of
the collection in Maine -- Does the donor want the LP's to be part of
Special Collections or part of a music library?

- Kurt

PS How *are* you?

"Susie R. Bock" wrote:

> I have been contacted by a gentleman in Maine who grew up in
> New York City and whose father was a jazz musician playing with
> Cab Calloway and others. He has a large Jazz LP collection, a
> photograph from 1940s of Cab Calloway and his father, and a
> billhead from the Cotton Club featuring Lena Horne and dating from
> 1934.
>
> He is most interested in donating the material to a NYC institution
> because of his and his father's assoications. He is also considering
> donating the LPs to a Maine institution.
>
> I told him I would gather information on institutions who might be
> interested. If you are please contact me and include information on
> how he might contact your institution.
>
> Thanks.
> Susie R. Bock
> Special Collections Librarian/Archivist
> University of Southern Maine Libraries
> 314 Forest Ave.
> PO Box 9301
> Portland, Maine 04104-9301
> 207-780-4269
> 207-780-4042 (fax)

begin:vcard
n:Kuss;Kurt
tel;work:(207) 786-6272
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.bates.edu/Library/aboutladd/departments/special
org:The Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library / Bates College;70 Campus Avenue / Lewiston, Maine 04240 / (207) 786-6272
version:2.1
email;internet:kkuss@bates.edu
title:Curator of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Photographs
fn:Kurt Kuss
end:vcard