cleaning or painting a vault

I am the archivist for a town.
We will be getting compact shelving for our records in a few weeks.  Before
the shelving arrives, we will be moving most of our records out of the
vault in order to make room for shelving installation.  About one-sixth of
the vault already has compact shelving, and the records in that part will
remain during installation.
We would like to at least clean the walls while most of the vault is
empty.  Walls appear to be yellow-painted cement block.  The vault was
installed in the late 1980s in consultation with the State Archives.
My question is:  Could we use some type of cleaning fluid mixed with water
to clean the walls?  What about a weak solution of Murphy's Oil Soap or
vinegar with water?  Does anyone have a recommendation that would be
better?  I have assumed painting would not be a good idea, since some
records would still be in the vault, and the rest of the records would be
returning within a couple of weeks.  What do you think?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Margaret Anderson
Bedford Town Archives
Bedford, MA