Re: Book-plate photocopiers

We have a Xerox Bookmark35 that our library purchased last year.  It has a
17" book plate or edge platen and has proved very useful for copying pages
from relatively large volumes.  It was here when I arrived, but I am told
that the cost was around $4,000 and the purchase was funded for us by our
very generous Friends' group.

Kevin Logan
Special Collections Librarian
Lakeland (FL) Public Library

I am looking for companies that sell and / or lease photocopiers with
the book-plate feature, the kind that a book can be laid on where one
side is supported so that the binding will not be broken.  I know that
Xerox used to make copiers with this feature (we have an old one here),
but I would like to know if anyone has recently been able to obtain one
for their library/archives/museum facility.
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Susan M. Smith
SSmith@mcc.mccoak.org