Desperately seeking questionnaires!

Dear Colleagues in archives;

Do you have any questionnaires for your users?

In concert with two colleagues here at the faculty, I am preparing to
do research on the ways humanities scholars interact with
archival sources in the course of their research.

However, we are just beginning our work and would appreciate your
help in getting started.

We hope to benefit from your experience in seeking
information from your users, especially about their needs and
preferences. In fact, any questionaires directed to users would be a
help at this point.  We would be grateful if you would
share your data gathering insturment(s) or a list of the questions
you pose to your users.  This information would help us prepare the
first draft of our own questionnaire.  All help will be acknowledged.

You may respond to me off-list (craig@fis.utoronto.ca)  or if you
prefer, to one of my collaborators, Joan Cherry
(cherry@fis.utoronto.ca) and Wendy Duff (duff@fis.utoronto.ca).  I
will tally responses and return a report to the list.  No
questionnaires will be broadcast without the express permission of
the institution responding to us.

We hope to hear from you - and thanks for giving this project the
benefit of your experience.

with best wishes

Barbara L. Craig
Associate Professor