State and local freedom of information flouted at our cities' public libraries.

State and local freedom of information flouted at our
cities' public libraries.

If you call, visit, volunteer, work or advocate for
collective bargaining groups at one of our Regional
Massachusetts Library of Last Recourse City of Boston
Public Library Departments
http://www.bpl.org

for example Government Documents, Humanities, Music or
district branch libraries departments, and you are told
legitimately public information that interests you at
Boston Public Library is not available to the public,
send or leave a written note requesting the
public information.

If public service reference desk personnel decline,
leave the note at the desk or on the desk anyway or
slip it in a suggestion box.

Keep a copy.

A request can be sent via
wwwref@bpl.org

10 days later with no substantive reply,
send a copy to Public Records Division
jwalsh@sec.state.ma.us
http://www.state.ma.us/sec/arc/arcrmu/arcpub.htm

BPL departments have repeatedly been ordered to
disclose legitimately public information that had been
initially delayed or denied to the public by public
service reference desks.

Let me know. I might be a bit of help or have further
information about BPL and other Boston City Hall
Departments, email:
dsaklad@gnu.org

Our cities' municipal public archives need better
support and need to be better maintained for public
access by responsible local officials.

The tiniest lagniappe and most grand of philanthropic
contributions for maintaining our BPL municipal
archives and records should be sent specifying the
terms and application of the bequest or donation to
Boston Public Library Foundation
http://www.bpl.org/WWW/affiliates/foundation.html

Advocate institutional change and improve the
organizational culture of our cities' public libraries
departments!

oo__ Don Saklad
email:
dsaklad@gnu.org