A new resource

A new resource is available for archivists and records managers on my Web
site, http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~rcox/RESOURCESPreface.htm. RESOURCES FOR
ARCHIVAL & RECORDS MANAGEMENT STUDIES: READINGS & WEB SITES is an
extensive description of basic print and World Wide Web-based resources
for individuals needing to find additional information about the topic of
archival and records management.
        The various sections of this Web resource is based on the
following print publications:

"Reading Archives Part One.  Classics, Textbooks, Manuals, Monographs,
Edited Works, Conference Proceedings and Project Reports,"" Records and
Information Management Report 16 (May 2000): 1-16.

"Reading Archives. Part Two.  Research, Case, Management, and Historical
Studies and Web Resources," Records and Information Management Report 16
(June 2000): 1-16.

"Records Professionals and the World Wide Web: Resources and
Responsibilities; Part One: Basic Professional Information
Sources," Records and Information Management Report, forthcoming.

"Records Professionals and the World Wide Web: Resources and
Responsibilities; Part Two New and Better Uses of the Web for Records
Work," Records and Information Management Report, forthcoming.

Greenwood Publishing Group, the publisher of the Records and Information
Management Report, has given me permission to reproduce these publications
on my Web site.  Additional information about the RIMR can be found at
http://www.greenwood.com/rimr.htm.
        As you use this resource, please let me know if you have
suggestions for additions to the print or electronic readings.  As I am
now assuming a role as Co-Editor of the Records and Information Management
Report, I will use that newsletter and updates to this Web site as
mechanisms for making additions.
        RESOURCES FOR ARCHIVAL 7 RECORDS MANAGEMENT STUDIES includes
descriptions of Classic Writings, Textbooks and Manuals, Specialized
Monographs, Edited Works and Conference Proceedings, Project and Special
Reports, Research Agendas and Research Studies, Case Study Research,
Managing Archives and Records Programs, Historical Perspectives on Records
and Recordkeeping, Electronic Journals, Reference Sources, Standards, and
Public Policy and Advocacy.
This site is a stripped-down text site, so that you should have no
difficulty in linking and downloading whatever information you find of
use.  A full text PDF text file is also available if you want to print out
the full document.

I hope working professionals and students find this useful.

Richard J. Cox
Professor
Department of Library and Information Sciences
School of Information Sciences
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Voice:  412-624-3245