From: Beth S. Harris [mailto:bharris@HOLLINS.EDU]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 11:01 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Time Capsules

You could try Time Capsules, Inc. (1-800-527-7853).
I've been told that a good time capsule (i.e. one that will actually
preserve the documents) is extremely expensive (i.e. $1300 for a 12"
container).

You can also write to the Georgia Dept. of Archives & History for
guidelines--reference@sos.state.gov.us

They would do better just to put everything into a box--have a ceremony and
then find someone to store it rather than burying it.

Beth S. Harris
Special Collections Management Librarian
P. O. Box 9000 / 7950 E. Campus Drive
Wyndham Robertson Library       Email: bharris@hollins.edu
Hollins University              Phone: (540) 362-6237
Roanoke, VA 24020               Fax: (540) 362-6756