changes in the listserve

        I have already emailed the list manager about
the following, and he says that the software used
will not support these changes.  Does anyone have
any ideas about:
        1) Numbering of messages in the digest format
so that we could select what we want to read from
the table of contents and go straight to those
posts.  Messages are numbered on my other
listserves.
        2) Eliminating the LONG repetition of
earlier messages on people's posts, many times
longer than the message itself.  I am not
talking about a few lines reminding us of the
original message to which we are responding.
Also, the absolute garbage of mixed letters
and symbols that sometimes appears in the
midst of, at least, the digests.
        BTW, I have no problem with people
replying to the list.  Let's have more content
and less repetition.

Elizabeth W. Knowlton
Manuscripts Curator
Georgia Dept. of Archives and History