From: Scott, Kim A. [mailto:kascott@MONTANA.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:05 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: EADs...was the name of a famous Civil Engineer too

I still say that creating good cataloging records is the first step in
archival description, the tip of the pyramid that understandably cannot
possibly cover the base.  Once the tip is in place, go down to the next
level and get creative if you must, but I guarantee you that there are
actual researchers out there who know and love OPACS and actually use them
to find out what you have FIRST.

Kim (not so grumpy today, but fiesty as ever) Scott