New Twist on Old Problem

A retired professor came in this morning with one of those awful
adhesive photo albums.  What made it worse was that, instead of photos,
he had put his personal documents from the 1910s & 1920s in it.  The
adhesive has long since solidified, the pages yellowed, and the
documents show the little diagonal lines of the adhesive.  He is
traveling out of the country and wanted to remove them to take on his
trip.

I've checked the list archives but I only found mention of photographs
in this predicament.  I thought I would ask the list to see if anyone
has a suggestion besides the hair drier trick.

Please respond off list.  Thanks.

John Kelly
begin:vcard
n:Kelly;John C.