Re: Help w/valuation

I guess my question is what purpose they want the evaluation to serve?

Art museums frequently value their collections at replacement cost because,
in the event of theft or a disaster, they want the money to buy another art
work of similar value.  But what you describe are archival records that
cannot be replaced.  To me, that means the cost of restoration after a
disaster.  I would check with some disaster recovery companies to find the
probable cost of restoration in the event of fire, flood, or - here in
Florida - hurricane, and use that. I guess it's question of how much money
you want to get back, and how much you are willing to pay.

But, if they want to tout how valuable your collection is, raise the limits.

Claire A. Cardina, CRM, CA
ccardina@worldnet.att.net