Re: Congress

Keith Longiotti wrote:

>I agree, enough is enough.  At the risk of being chastized myself here's
>some food for thought concerning the state of American politics:

>Can you imagine working at the following Company?  It has a
>little over 500 employees with the following statistics:
>
> *29 have been accused of spousal abuse
> *7 have been arrested for fraud
> *19 have been accused of writing bad checks
> *117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
> *3 have been arrested for assault
> *71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
> *14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
> *8 have been arrested for shoplifting
> *21 are current defendants in lawsuits
> *In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving

The Urban Legends Reference site (www.snopes.com) has some interesting &
thought-provoking commentary on this list, which I've seen posted on every
discussion group I belong to.  Here is the URL:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/congress.htm

You can aslo use the search engine & the term "criminals in Congress" to
get to the citation.

Lisa May

Archives
Diocese of Galveston-Houston