archive vs. archives

When I got to the Space Business Archives (plural), I spent what seemed like
an inordinate amount of time deciphering between the plural and singular
forms of the word. The forms have been used interchangeably over the years
here, including in our articles of incorporation and by-laws if you can
believe that. To add to the confusion, our domain name is
www.spacearchive.org (singular). I prefer the plural version just because we
hold collections from hundreds of different companies, so the plural form
just has a larger sound to it. Unfortunately my spellcheck always disagrees
with me when I write "the Archives has", or something similar.

Neil