large format flatbed scanners

Has anyone on the list had any experience (good or bad) with either of the
following two scanners:  Umax PowerLook 2100Xl or the Epson GT 10000?  We
requested a large format scanner form our Information Systems people and
they have recommended either of the two options I have listed.  As a novice
looking at the specs., I don't see a great deal of difference between them
and they are comparably priced. The online reviews of the two products are
also similar.  Does anyone have a recommendation for or against either one
or a completely different recommendation?

Kevin Logan
Special Collections Librarian
Lakeland Public Library
100 Lake Morton Drive