From: "Rob Dishon" <rdishon@LAGCC.CUNY.EDU>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Friday, 10 November 2000 1:48 PM
Subject: Match books

> Here is one that can appreciate on a friday afternoon.
>
> Here at the college there is an annual faculty auction to raise money for
scholarships.  Whenever possible the Archives donates materials that can
help in this cause.

> One of our collections came in with a large supply of matchbooks that said
"Abe and Mary" on the outside.  Probably used to celebrate an anniversary
rather than a wedding.  Anyway as we had a rather large supply of these we
sent them to the auction.  We were quite surprised to learn that they went
for a hefty price.  The ral surprise came when the lucky bidder called the
Archives to inquire where we found the matchbooks from Abraham and Mary Todd
Lincolns wedding!!!!!