Re: Books on Dealing with Office Politics

Casey, I don't think the type of book you are looking for has been written
yet. I'm sure vignettes from this list would supply more than enough
material for a workshop and possibly even a book!

Over two decades ago I was an apprentice plumber. My mentor was an 87 year
old Navy Sea Dog. He gave me some advice as we were walking by the personnel
office. He said, "See that sign on the door." I looked and the sign read,
"PERSONNEL RELATIONS." He said, "Don't ever believe it. What they really
mean is PERSONAL RELATIONS." Some of the best advice I've ever had since
turning in the collar-less blue shirt and putting on a tie.

/Bill