Re: Query for College and University Archivists

The copyright statement developed by Marquette University's Department of
Special Collections and University Archives includes the following:

"Images may be cropped to suit design and layout, but they may not be
altered or drawn upon or manipulated in any way so that they look different
from the way they appear in the historical collection."

Matt Blessing
Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Marquette University

At 10:36 AM 11/17/00 -0500, Claire Goodwin wrote:
>We've been asked to develop an official policy
>on the alteration of photographs.  Has anyone had
>experience with this?
>
>--
>Claire Goodwin, College Archivist
>Simmons College Archives
>300 The Fenway, Boston, MA  02115
>617.521.2440      617.521.3093 fax
>goodwin@simmons.edu
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Matt Blessing, Acting Department Head, University Archivist
Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Memorial Library
Marquette University
Milwaukee, WI  53201-3141
(414) 288-5901