Re: Brother Denis Sennett

My Dear Archival Colleagues, MARAC & SAA:
        Brother Denis was a great soul. When I first joined
MARAC over 20 years ago he not only welcomed but encouraged
me in my archival career goals. At that time there was not
a large number of black archivists in MARAC but he became
what I have described as one of my "MARAC mentors" in
urging me to participate in committees and seek office.
"Don't just attend meetings," he said. "Actively
participate in MARAC's growth and future." As I struggled
through several long and painful illnesses last year
Brother Denis offered his moral support and prayers. I weep
as I write this, for I will greatly miss his presence but
take comfort that God's perpetual light and peace will be
upon him. May his name shine in heaven forever. We shall
not see his like again.
Ervin L. Jordan, Jr.
Associate Professor
Research Archivist