Bro. Denis Sennett

Tom Frusciano asked me to post the following information about Bro. Denis'
funeral arrangements.

Denis was friend and mentor to numerous archivists, especially from religious
communities and organizations.  When Denis was secretary of MARAC in the
1980's, I was fortunate enough (as MARAC treasurer) to sit next to him on the
dais for the luncheons at four years' worth of semi-annual meetings.  What a
wonderful person he was!  Many of you will also remember Denis' participation
in the infamous "Dr. Ruth" call-in program at a MARAC meeting many years ago.
(Fred Miller also was part of the cast.)

We'll miss Denis as an archivist but, most of all, as a human being.

Greg Hunter
Long Island University

********************

"Brother Denis Sennett, archivist of the Friars of Atonement, Graymoor
in Garrison, New York, died on Friday, November 17th.  A long-time
member of the Society of American Archivists, and former Secretary of
the Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Bro. Denis touched the
lives of so many in our profession and was truly an inspiration to
members of religious communities who turned to him for assistance in
organizing their historical records.

A viewing will be held at Pilgrim Hall at Graymoor on Monday, November
20 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.  Burial services will be on Tuesday,
November 21st at 10:00 in Pilgrim Hall."

Tom

--
Thomas J. Frusciano, University Archivist
Special Collections and University Archives