Thanks to each one who answered my question on patrons and scanne rs

Hi!

I want to express my gratitude to each of you who took the time to give your
wise counsel on my difficult situation involving a patron and his desire to
scan some of our materials, etc.  As a whole I think these give a good
glimpse into how archivists view this questions across the board, so I have
forwarded each response to our representative at the Arkansas Attorney
General's office.  Though he has a good understanding of photography and
photographs (even historical processes), I think these will broaden his
understanding of the archival perspective.

Thanks, again, for running so quickly to my rescue.  While in the past it
would have taken me weeks to gather such information, thanks to the archives
listserv, I can now access info in hours, sometimes minutes.

Lynn

Lynn Ewbank, Photo Archivist
Arkansas History Commission
One Capitol Mall