Re: Advice needed - soliciting funds from archival donors

I've always had mixed feelings at soliciting processing funds from
organizations that donate records.  In some cases, the organization
does indeed have such resources, and in others, they do not.  The
question for them is why give the archives our records and pay them
to process them....we can just keep them and use the funds internally!

But...setting aside that argument ... I think you have the best results
in getting such funding IF you have an already completed project, a
printed guide, color cover, something that clearly shows the XYZ
Collection, made available through funding from ABC Corp...etc.
It is worth the effort to at least try.

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338