Re: Advice needed - soliciting funds from archival donors

Hello, Kevin, and thanks for the advice!

Actually, Steve Fisher from Denver said this was the ":in" thing these days
among governing bodies for archives; if so, then it appears - as is so often the
case - that what non-archivists on the Board want and what really happens in the
acid-free trenches are two different things.

On another front, you had mentioned a while back that when UP offered CSRM a
warehouseful of SP records only 10% or so were accepted. In general terms, what
was accepted or rejected, in terms of record type and information content?

And, before you get too smug about California weather, I'll have you know that
it is a very balmy  34 degrees and cloudy here, with a wind chill of 17 and snow
on the way tonight - but not a trace of fog. I spent an hour out in the
wonderfully invigorating air with museum visitors earlier today. If I can call
34 balmy, I must be acclimated; it's actually a lot of fun to listen to the
life-long Midwesterners gripe about the weather when this relative newcomer just
takes it in (occasionally shivering) stride. We did have honest-to-goodness tule
fog every night for nearly a week a few weeks ago, so now people here know what
I'm talking about when I describe the valley gunk to them.

Best wishes,

Tom,