Re: R-22 a hazard?

Check out the website of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) at
www.ashrae.com

I just went to their website and typed R-22 for a search and got several standards, which I did not read.

I think R-22 is going to be pulled off the market in the next few years due to environmental concerns.

s@MCS.NET> 12/05/00 03:51PM >>>
Dear list,

Our maintenance dept. has informed me that our HVAC
has been leaking R-22 since it was installed. They
are calling it a slow leak--4 lbs. over 2 years--
and they say it would be too difficult to fix and that
it's not hazardous.

Can anyone tell me if this is truly non-hazardous over
the long term? Or is there a website I could check for details?

Thanks for any assistance,
Joy Kingsolver
Chicago Jewish Archives