[no subject]

I would like to find a good home for these documents at a research
institution or archive.  They comprise approximately 16 large plastic
storage bins full of documents.  Each file is separate and distinct.  I
estimate that there are about 120,000 pages of material in all, perhaps 100
cubic feet, but this is only a very rough estimate.  85% of the material is
located in storage in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  The remainder is located in
storage in the New York City metropolitan area.  Files are of varying
length, but the average - mean - size is about 120 pages per file.

The collection comes with the plastic storage bins, as well as with an
index.  However, the files are not stored in any particular order at this
time and would require a small amount of sorting.

The documents are in excellent physical condition.  As part of the donation,
I will sign any donor documents required by the institution, and turn over
permanent ownership of the materials to that institution.

Proposals should be brief, although I will not impose a limit, I would
expect no more than 2-3 pages in length.

The final donation decision will be at my sole discretion.  I will judge the
proposals on the following criteria:

- How the recipient will make the material available to the public and to
scholars and researchers.

- Conformity of this collection with the recipient institutional collection
philosphy, goals and objectives.

- Recipient ability to ship or transport the material safely to its final
repository at institutional expense, within a reasonable timeframe, in this
case 60-90 days.

Preference will be given to institutions in the continental United States.

For logistical reasons, I will send by email an index of the donation
material to any potential recipient that requests a copy of the index, AFTER
I have received their proposal.

Proposals are due by 5 p.m. EST, January 10, 2001.  I would prefer proposals
in writing by United States Mail if possible.  Please feel free to pass
along this Solicitation to other institutions.

Thank you for helping me to find a good home for these materials, and of
course your suggestions are always welcome.  However, circumstances may
preclude me from responding promptly to correspondence until the end of the
month.

Michael Ravnitzky
476 Marlborough Road
Brooklyn, NY  11226