losing Presidential candidates: was Florida ballots

Hello folks---

I thought I'd use this opportunity to shamelessly
advertize an exhibit that is currently open in Special
Collections of The George Washington University,
Washington D.C..  The title of the exhibit is "'Bright
Stars Through The Perilous Fight': Men and Women Who
Would Be President" and it is open until January 26,
2001.

The exhibit focuses on presidential candidates who
LOST their elections, from Andrew Jackson in 1824 to
??? in 2000 (I refuse to change the exhibit until the
electoral college officially votes!)  We are
exhibiting more than 800 items from the private
collection of Steven and Gary Cohen, who have one of
the largest, most comprehensive, and highest-quality
collections of American political campaign memorabilia
in the country.
Included are campaign buttons, broadsides, banners,
t-shirts, license plates, silverware, and many other
unique items.

The Special Collections Department is located in Suite
207 of 2130 H Street, NW, Washington, D.C..  We are
open to the public from noon-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Special appointments and tours outside of our normal
opening hours can be made.

If you are interested in more information, don't
hesitate to contact me!

Bernadette  :)

=====
Bernadette A. Boucher, MLS (Rutgers, May 1999)
"It's alright to 'like books' but a librarian should like people."

balibra76@yahoo.com