retention schedule for researcher correspondence

Fellow Archivists, would anyone on the list be willing to share with me how
long they keep researcher correspondence. I would imagine that institutions
do not keep these records permanently.

It is a record of what people were interested in at a certain time and it
would be interesting to see what people were asking about at a given time.
Maybe that would only be of interest to archivists :-)?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this topic.

Have a nice day,

David Smolen
Special Collections Librarian
New Hampshire Historical Society