From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Linda Coppens
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 9:00 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: college archives policy and records management

Hi everyone,

I have two requests.

First, I'm preparing a policy for our college archives (Warren Wilson is
a small, private liberal arts college) and would like to obtain a sample
policy for colleges and universities, if one exists. I think that the
SAA does not publish one, at least it's not in their publications list.

Second, I'm also trying to start a records management program here. Some
of my predecessors tried to begin one, but were unsuccessful. Could
anyone recommend any reading materials? I know there are lots of books
on record management in general, but I'm looking specifically for
information on record management in an academic institution.

Thanks very much.

Linda Coppens

--
Linda Miles Coppens