Those trying to unsubscribe

I'll save Bob the trouble of reminding you, and Peter K. some grey hairs.

Several of you are probably trying to set your subscriptions to no mail for
the holidays, and are instead unsubscribing.  Or think you are.

All those unsubscribe messages are going to the list, rather than the
administrative mailing list, so you may be shocked to find all those
messages waiting for you when you get back (though I suspect we'll be pretty
quiet for the next two weeks).

As a reminder, all of those kinds of messages have to go to the
*ADMINISTRATIVE* email address:

listserv@listserv.muohio.edu

You're sending your messages to "archives@...", which is the actual list.
You can also take care of all of that sort of thing on the web:

In any event, you don't need to unsubscribe if you're just taking a break -
send a message to the above email address, writing in the text of the
message:

set archives nomail

That will temporarily suspend your service until you get back, when you send
another message to the admin address:

set archives mail

And all will be well again.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season, and I may be gone suddenly for a
while, as my wife is due to give birth any day now.  So Happy New Year too.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
dsokolow@nshs.edu