Tech question - please ignore if you're not a computer geek

Greetings all.

I'm hoping somebody out there is enough of a gear(chip?)head to help me out
with this.  I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and I'd like to be able to set up
an out of office profile.  To save the list from grief (per my earlier
email) I want to avoid sending messages to the list.

Does anyone know how to set up the out of office profile in a way that I
exclude the list from getting the annoying messages?  Outlook isn't clear,
and my web searches have gotten me nowhere.

TIA,

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
dsokolow@nshs.edu