2nd CORRECTION: Archives temporary closure

I have previously posted that the University Archives will be temporarily
closed in the Spring of 2001 while we move, with an aditional time during
which materials will be retrieved but with potential delays.

In item number three, I previously indicated that "cataloged Archival and
Manuscript" materials will be available between the end of the move
through 31 December 2001.  This should read "Archival and Manuscript"
materials; we will retrieve uncataloged materials as well from the storage
areas, with the same time restrictions as to the cataloged materials: all
requests will be available for patron use after a minimum of twenty-four
hours for retrieval during weekdays.  All requests coming in on Fridays or
on weekends will be available on the following Monday.

Requests for access during the summer of 2001 will be made at the unified
reference desk on the main floor of the new addition to Hamilton Library.
Access will be given through the temporary Special Collections reading
area in the same area of the new addition.  This will be necessary while
the regular Special Collections reading room is renovated.  Once the
renovations to the Special Collections reading room have been completed,
expect by mid-August 2001, and the reading room opens to the public,
requests for archival materials and access to them will occur through the
Special Collections reading room.

The revised item number three of my original post on our restrictions now
reads:

3.  At the end of spring semester 2001 (about mid-May), all departments in
the older portions of Hamilton Library, including Special Collections,
will close for the summer while renovations and asbestos removal occur.
A Temporary reading room will be available in the main floor of the new
addition (Hamilton, Phase III).  From the date of this temporary move,
through the month of December 2001, though I plan to be on sabbatical
leave for six of these months, archival and manuscript collections will be
retrieved by staff when the materials can be accessed.  Twenty-four hours
will be needed for retrieval of these materials.

James Cartwright
University Archives
University of Hawaii at Manoa           <jimc@hawaii.edu>