Re: Who's Who

Title: RE: Who's Who

As Mark mentioned, there are a number of versions of the "Who's Who" by different publishers.  For listing in Marquis's Who's Who editions (by area of the country and sometimes by profession) you must be recommended by someone in the field.  Even then you may not get in depending on your qualifications and certain demographic statistics.  Before you consider this a total waste, and especially for those  younger archivists that might contemplate a job change, think about how this would look on your resume.  These volumes are also carried in libraries and are a good resource for people who need to contact an archivist.   Unfortunately, Archivists are listed under the library science entry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Walsh [mailto:gmw@EXECULINK.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:10 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Who's Who

Folks -

One of the benefits earlier in my career of working in a public library was
that I got a chance to browse the shelves...and saw that there are many
different "Who's Who" books, published annually.  I seem to recall one,
useful on this side of the border titled "Who's Who in Canada", which had
entries for many good people - including at that time the National
Archivist of Canada and the then Archivist of Ontario - and I don't believe
that they "bought" their way into their entries.  There were similar
publications for the United States, just can't recall the title offhand.

Yes, I have had similar solicitations...and they do usually end up in "file
13".  Having to buy a copy of the finished process is usually the hint...

Who's Who? 1st baseman I think....

Cheers!

Mark