From: Heard, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Heard@AIG.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 2:29 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Standards for archival storage?

Jeffrey,
The closest thing I found (in a quick search) is the ANSI/NISO standard.
The link is listed below along with info about the AAM and ALA publications
that seem to come closest to meeting your needs.  Good Luck!

Tom Heard
AIG Archives-Executive Records
American International Group, Inc.
Suite 4301
70 Pine Street
New York, NY 10270

Phone: 212-770-7258
Fax: 212-770-8060

Standard
NISO < http://www.niso.org <http://www.niso.org> > TR01-1995
Environmental Guidelines for the Storage of Paper Records
Read more about this item  <
http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/detail?product_id=52641
<http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/detail?product_id=52641> >

AAM
PRESERVATION OF LIBRARY AND ARCHIVAL MATERIALS: A MANUAL
Revised and Expanded
Edited by Sherelyn Ogden
American Association of Museums/Northeast Document Conservation Center
AAM Bestseller! U.S. museums hold over 4 million cubic feet of archival
materials and 7 million volumes of bound materials. This comprehensive, user
friendly guide to preservation of paper-based library and archival materials
focuses on preventing or slowing down their deterioration. The manual
includes information on preservation planning, storage, emergency
procedures, environmental standards and monitoring equipment, digital
imaging concerns, and other preservation issues. Also included are lists of
conservation service and supply companies, and illustrated procedures,
checklists, and reading lists, making this a complete resource for any
museum or archive.

SPIRAL BOUND 250PP. 1996
Quantity Discount Available · ISBN 0-9634685-1-0 · $ 54.50

ALA
Checklist of Building Design Considerations, 3rd Edition
LAMA, William W. Sannwald
Published by ALA Editions