Re: Searching for Washington, DC German Language Newspapers

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Jerry McCoy <sshistory@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> Having searched OCLC with no success, I am trying to locate for a patron
> a holding(s)that would have copies of two Washington, DC German-language
> newspapers from June of 1876, Der Volks-Tribune and Washingtoner Journal.

Karl J. R. Arndt and May E. Olson, _The German Language Press of the
Americas_, vol. 1 (3rd rev. ed.;  Munich:  Verlag Dokumentation, c1976),
lists no surviving issues of either newspaper for June 1876.  If issues
of either newspaper for June 1876 have been located since 1976, the person
most likely to know is Klaus Wust, 1587 Readus Rd, Edinburg, VA 22824.

Michael Palmer
---
Michael Palmer
Claremont, California