New Archivists

Hello:

I am working on my MLS in New York . I am interested in archival managment,
conservation of library materials and acquisitions.Are there any general
openings for a person with my interests?I have not, as of yet , fit the
criterior for the job listings that I have seen.I need to get my professional
feet wet, could you suggest any general archival positions that are
available? I am finding that entering archive is just as "closed" as is the
cataloguer and classsification discipline.

Thank you for your response,

Nicole Thomas