Silence was the deafening reply - Beaverbrook Art Gallery utterances

List members might recall a news items in Global Museum a fortnight ago
where one AIan Lumsden, executive director of the Beaverbrook Art Gallery in
Fredericton is reported to have stated that "The Nazis may have unwittingly
'served the greater good of mankind' by stealing art from Jews and
protecting it from the ravages of war"

As there was considerable follow up interest from the list and individual
subscribers, we emailed Mr Lumsden and offered him a right of reply.  I have
to report, that to date, he has chosen not to respond.  List members can
perhaps draw their own conclusions from this.  We still hope he will
respond.

The article in question if you haven't already seen it is at this address:
http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?f=/stories/20010104/425404.html

best wishes
Roger
director@globalmuseum.org

Read Global Museum - 82 countries, FREE online subscription, the very latest
in International News, Views, Vacancies,Virtual Mall, Travel Service,
Resources and more!  http://www.globalmuseum.org