Re: Archiving Electronic Theses and Dissertations

We're just beginning to address this matter at the University of Iowa, and I
would be interested in learning of other institutions' policies as well.

It's possible that UMI of Ann Arbor, MI, has implemented a storage and
maintenance policy for submissions in electronic format, including Web sites.
I haven't visited it yet, but their Web address is http://www.umi.com. (Iowa's
Ph.D. dissertations are managed by them, while we maintain Master's theses.)

As I just started here two weeks ago, I'm adding to my "to do" list, including
policy matters. This will be added to the list today!

Cheers,

David McCartney
University Archivist
The University of Iowa Libraries