Re: A Very Personal Question

Geri,

        The survey was mailed in November of 1996 with a requested return
date of December 6, 1996.  Thus the data is more recent than you thought --
it's just over four years old.  I think by adjusting it, using the consumer
price index perhaps, or perhaps the percentage raises granted over the last
four years at your institution, the data would still be useful.  Also, it
shows the effect of senority, education, regional variations and other
factors that you might be able to use to adjust the figures that you are
able to collect.  Finally, I think you might be able to combine it with any
figures that you collect to form a more complete picture.

        I would like to see the survey updated, but they are expensive to do.

        Finally, since you are concerned about the age of the data, I would
encourage others to share salary information with you!

>Dennis,
>
>Problem with that survey is that it's 5 years old, based on 6 year old
>data. Not really relevant for today!!  But thanks anyway!
>
>--Geri
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Dennis Harrison, Ph.D.