Re: Archives/records manager on TV

I saw the episode, too. I felt the same way Dean did - so often I catch
myself re-constructing what life was like for the family that lived here.
While I know I only have part of the story, it would be interesting to 'go
back & meet' the Seiberling family (they owned & lived at Stan Hywet Hall).

I have to admit I didn't really like the portrayal of the rm on the episode
at the beginning, but got to like him at the end. I don't know if it's a
good thing to admit, but sometimes I feel similarly. Being stuck with
collections in a remote part of the site, I don't really get around too many
people. :) But when I do, it takes a little bit to get my gumption going
before I sound like I know what I'm talking about! :) I also liked how the
information he was working with made a real difference in a person's life.
It gave me the sense that someone 20 years from now might appreciate my hard
work! :)

Thanks for letting me babble!
Bridgette  (glad I have interns to keep me company!)

Bridgette A. Kelly, Special Collections Manager
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
714 N. Portage Path
Akron, OH  44303
ph: 330-315-3232   fax: 330-836-2680