From: Kellams, Dina M [mailto:dmkellam@INDIANA.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 11:52 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Kind of a Friday question

Hi all -

I know there is a great wealth of knowledge on this listserve, so hopefully
one of you can help me with this.  This isn't very important - just looking
to satisfy my curiosity!

Has anybody heard of a disease called "vaviloid" or "variloid"?  I came
across a piece of correspondence from the 1890s- 1902ish that accuses a
woman of spreading vaviloid about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dina