Re: I would like information about pictures I have in my posession.

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Ismail Al Jihad wrote:

> I have in my posession original pictures dating from 1914-1925 of numerous
> exections, beheadings, and tortures taken place in precommunist China.
> These pictures were obtained by my great-grandfather when he was a soldier
> for the U.S. army and was stationed in China. I also have pictures of his

The U.S. Marine Corps Museum had a scrap book in their manuscript
collection with similar photographs. I was operating under the assumption
that the person who assembled the book had taken them himself, but now I
am wondering about this, and am having an unpleasant feeling that some
enterprising person was duplicating and selling those pictures.  The same
subject matter you refer to, beheadings of school girls, "death of a
thousand cuts," and so forth.

Carole E. Nowicke, Ph.D., M.L.S., C.P.P.
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, International Tuba-Euphonium Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>