From:   Casey Greene
Sent:   Wed 1/24/2001 2:28 PM
To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject:             "Underpaid...and not Well Understood"

John Howard Fowler's lament that "we are underpaid, generally isolated,
and not well understood" is so true.

I invite archivists on the list to attend the workshop, "The Archival
Warrior:  A Transformational Approach to Gaining Support for Archives,"
in which Debra S. Nolan, President, Meeting and Convention Management,
and I will address these limitations and provide ways to start improving
them.  We believe there are solutions.  Our workshop will be held at the
University of Texas at Austin on February 28, 2001.  Full details of our
workshop, including registration information, are available at the
Society of Southwest Archivists' web site
(http://lib-04.lib.uh.edu/ssa/warrior.htm).

Casey Edward Greene
Head of Special Collections
Rosenberg Library