From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Joanne Seitter
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 4:53 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: damp papers

Hello All,

A radiator leaked on some records in storage.  The office in charge of the
records say they are not vital and from what I can see, would probably not
end up in the archives.  I am more afraid of the possibility of mold and
mildew.  The boxes got wet, the papers inside got "dampish" (as if they had
sat in the humidification box).  The contents have been transferred to new
boxes. What more should we be doing?

Thanks in advance.