Spec. Coll. in general stacks

[This request is being posted to various lists;  apologies for the
duplication.]

Special Collections in General Stacks

In preparation for an ALA Rare Books & Manuscripts Section/RBMS
Pre-Conference seminar (Thurs./14 June 2001), I am soliciting copies of
guidelines, decision-making forms, websites(?) used by academic
libraries/repositories for the identification and transfer of special
collections materials -  mss., maps, books, ephemera, etc. - located in
the general library stacks. [see "Guidelines on the Selection of
General Collection Materials for Transfer to Special Collections." 2nd
ed. _C&RL News_ 54:11, Dec. 1993]

Some of you may recall that this seminar was first offered at the 1996
RBMS Pre-Conference.  My seminar co-presenter, Janet Gertz/Preservation
Director-Columbia Univ. Libraies, and I are in-debted to those
institutions who submitted forms in 1996;  the session was very well
received.

Janet and I would like to assemble an updated packet of guidelines and
forms for distribution an discussion at the June 2001 RBMS
Pre-Conference seminar.

Submissions may be emailed or U.S. mailed to:

        C. B. Brown
        10655 Kinnard Ave., #204
        Los Angeles, CA  90024-5939

        cbbrown@library.ulca.edu

PLEASE NOTE:  as was the practice in 1996 and for reasons of security
        and confidentiality, submitted guidelines/forms will be
        redacted;  the institutions will remain anonymous.

Should you have questions or want additional information, please feel
free to call Charlotte Brown:  310/825-7265.

Charlotte B. Brown
Asst. Head, Dept. of Special Collections &
   UCLA University Archivist
UCLA Library