Re: Very interesting find

Cal wrote:
"It certainly raises some interesting legal questions.  eGroups was purchased
by Yahoo! in August of
last year, which would seem to imply that any content posted to an eGroup is
subject to the
intellectual property claims of Yahoo!  I could be reading this wrong, but
wouldn't the text below
seemt to imply that Yahoo! is asserting an implicit (though non-exclusive)
license to anything we post
to the list, once it gets reposted through eGroups?"

This same discussion has been taking place on PhotoHistory which was started
on egroups after RPM shut down PhotoHst. It appears that the convoluted
phrasing is primarily concerned with the description of the group and not the
messages themselves.

Upon further investigation it is also available here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archives

There are 71 members, but who set it up and why? The last message posted on
this one is 1/18/01. As I say very interesting.

Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va
pakurilecz@aol.com