Book Photocopiers Revisited

Hi,

My boss has asked me to query the list about book photocopiers.  I checked
the list archives and the most recent message on this subject was about the
Oce 2465LC copier.  The message was from October of 2000.  The next
pertinent message was from back in 1998 and presented results from an
earlier query.  The machines it talked about, in addition to the Oce, were
the Bookmaster Selectec, the Xerox Bookmark35, and the Minolta DPCS 3000
Digital.  Are these still the only ones currently in use?  Does anyone have
any recent experience with any of these machines that would be helpful in
evaluating them?

We are an archives, but our holdings are in large bound volumes.  Because of
staff constraints, we let frequent users do some photocopying.  We have 3
Xerox Bookmark35s, but they are starting to wear out.  What would you
recommend that we replace them with?  Our volumes are quite heavy, but the
paper can be brittle.  We are looking for the best machine to help preserve
the volumes.  Although cost is, of course, an issue, we are focusing on the
volumes first and foremost.

Thank you for your assistance.

Buffie Hollis
Assistant Archivist