Novels and archives

Good morning,

I have just read a french translation of a american novel and I would like
to know if it was well received by the US community of archivists. Do you
know Martha Cooley and her first novel published by Little Brown, NY, in
1998 entitled : the archivist ? It begins and ends with an archivist, fond
of TS Eliot, but is more close to religious problems through the book. I
know it is a novel, I know all is fictive, but I am not very happy with
concordance of the title with the contents. I mean the questions could be
good ones such as the relations of the archivist with the author and/or the
donor but have not been developped in the book. You know, just the gap
between promise and truth.

Hereafter the link to the description of the book.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0316158461/qid=982054101/sr=1-2/ref=s
c_b_2/106-0222205-6633212

Elisabeth Bühlmann
Records and Information Manager
Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining
CP 1300
7, bis avenue de la paix
CH - 1211 Genève 1
Tel. : +41 22 906 16 61