LANDSAT records schedule to be re-reviewed

On December 29, 2000, NARA published notice in the Federal Register of a pending schedule authorizing the disposal of satellite imagery and related textual records that had been  accessioned into the National Archives from the Army Corps of Engineers. In light of the public comments we have received concerning this schedule, we are reviewing our determination that the records lack archival value because they are duplicated in permanent records of the U.S.  Geological Survey.

If this review confirms that the records do not warrant continued preservation in the National Archives, we will again publish notice in the Federal Register so that interested parties have an opportunity to request copies of the schedule and provide comments.  We also will send copies of the schedule and appraisal memorandum to all those who contacted us as a result of the notice published in December 2000.