From: Tom Anderson [mailto:tanderson@AMSE.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 3:14 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Origin of the word "tank" (military)

So, does this mean the Motorcycle story from 1917 was perhaps an advertising
ploy used by the industry?  Was it completely fabricated or is there a
competing story out there?

Just wondering,
Tom Anderson; Collections
American Museum of Science and Energy
300 S. Tulane
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865) 576-3228 (Voice), (865) 576-6024 (Fax)